It’ s not a secret that Budapest has quite good designers in its fashion portfolio, where some of them have already achieved a worldwide success. But each year fashion schools introduce new graduates, who are looking for the opportunity to showcase their designs. Being unknown on the market and having no capital to invest, does not make it easier. However the recently opened concept store – WeSign can provide some light at the end of the tunnel for young or budding designers.
This little store is a place where creativity merge. You can not only find their limited collection of unique clothes but also amazing handmade bags, backpacks and really admirable jewellery. Worth to mention, that more and more fashion brands are expanding their offers for home interiors and accessories, and WeSign follows the same path. Apart from clothes and jewelry, you can find beautiful ceramics, paintings and artful stationary, where all of them coexist in unity. Some days ago I met Balázs who is one of the initiators and owners of this place. We had a very meaningful conversation about the role of suitability in our modern world, young designers and ways we can help them to display their collections, and soulful collaborations between designers from different fields.
WeSign – a newly opened concept store has a quite interesting portfolio. Could you please tell me more about the mission of this place?
- Léna Szabó (leather bags) – Nelz Bag
- Tamás Wiedemann (fashionable jeans especially for tall men!) – Wiedemann Jeans
- Balázs Mihálffy (t-shirts, baby clothes) – in-hand
- Krisztina Langó (jewellery designer) – Jewellery by Krisztina Lango
- Hajnal Kovács (magnets, postcards, pictures, printed bags) – Hajnal Art
- Orsolya Németh (felegree jewellery) – Noom Art
- Zsófi Szilágyi (felegree jewellery, all made with a picture covered by glass) – La Bateliére
- Helga Tóth (clothes designer) – Helga Toth
- Kármen Czikora (clothes designer) – Ziko Art
- Katalin Fazekas (jewellery designer) – Life of Beads
- Erzsébet Deliné Pőcze (jewellery designer) – DeLine
- Éva Szabó (ceramist) – http://szaboeva.hu/
Móni Dusik (graphic designer) – Mirrors
Piroska Máté (concrete designer)